Pattaya dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was that the 4 hours you spent waiting to get picked up?

Still planning on the overnight drift next year? The 8 hour drift in May was a good warm up , want to do it again?

Jamie

Well John's 'drift diving' experience and rebreather show & tell made a very good BKK meeting. Always good to see you back in BKK or diving Samesean again.

North Rock only had 2-3 vis, but some very nice coral and little critters. My group seemed to enjoy it. It certainly is better than no diving!

Alternatively plan your diving around the tides and not the clock.
Go with an operator who actually looks at the tide tables and will recommend a day where the conditions should be more favourable to dive the wreck. Rather than one that wants to just take your money and run. I know that tidal information available in thailand is not necessarilly the most comprehensive or the most accurate, but it is a sufficiently good guide to form a good dive plan.
I have dived this wreck countless times and in my mind there is no fun at all in diving there when the tide is at its strongest. Plan ahead and get the most from your dive.

That would need someone who knows what a tide table is.
That would require a different plan for every day, different times of leaving/return.
Considering that this is Pattaya, you really expect too much.
Going to a different location is already a big step.

Been diving with Real Divers for the last week in Samae san ,The Hardeep was really cool and the RD Dms sure know their stuff it was a shame that they would'nt let me go in the wreck but as they told me to pass the wreck spec first ,Are they right to do this ??

That would need someone who knows what a tide table is.
That would require a different plan for every day, different times of leaving/return.
Considering that this is Pattaya, you really expect too much.
Going to a different location is already a big step.

H90 - On the boat RD's are using not only do we know what a tide table is, we have nice colour coded chart showing the dropping / rising currents together with wind speed and direction :shocked2:

We do sit down each day and plan where to go :shocked2: Admittedly the times of leaving / return normally stay the same to fit people schedules (apart from when it has the regular local guys diehard guys on who will fit around the tides).

Considering that it is Pattaya? I have yet to see many daily dive operators run to this sort of schedule anywhere else in Thailand (and I have dived most if not all of the major ones) :shocked2:

Going to a diffrent location is already a big step? Why do you think the boat is running out of Samesan? Just for fun or because of the conditions this time of year :confused:

Been diving with Real Divers for the last week in Samae san ,The Hardeep was really cool and the RD Dms sure know their stuff it was a shame that they would'nt let me go in the wreck but as they told me to pass the wreck spec first ,Are they right to do this ??

Harry - Yes they are right to do that really! Although it's not at all the hardest wreck to penetrate you are still going into an overhead enviroment in some parts. To be safe you really need to know some more about gas planning, propulsion techniques and running lines etc.

Did they not take you in the cargo hold for a look? That is inside the wreck but has access to open water above.

I'll be diving w/ Real Divers on Sunday Nov 22, I fully expect to get 2 wreck dives in. If anyone wants to buddy up either PM me or you can probably just show up by 7:45 am at the shop.

Did you go?

Was everything OK?

Back
Top Bottom