Passed my AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations! I am one to advise people to get as much training as they can as early as they can, and it looks like you are of the same mind.

mauigal:
Yes - even if you do not decide to go beyond Rescue - Definitely take Rescue/EFR.
Totally worth it!

errrr uh, guess I should have read the entire thread first. way to go taking this class!

Hahahaha.

One of the reasons I am taking the Rescue Course is that it has received so many positive reviews on SB as to skills advancement. I could do the classroom and pool work, I had my EFR, but needed AOW before I could get the Rescue OW dives done, and after experiencing the AOW dives, it makes sense to me.

Boulderjohn, I think that early training by good instructors can ingrain some good habits early. Learn them before I have to unlearn bad habits.

colby:
Boulderjohn, I think that early training by good instructors can ingrain some good habits early. Learn them before I have to unlearn bad habits.

Absolutely. It is a lesson I learned the hard way when I learned skiing by imitating the turkeys around me and then had to undo all those bad habits with years of struggle.

Yeah, actually, AOW was a lot of fun. You did a bit of study, then you dove. The PPB study was awesome! Learning how to estimate my weight was a very useful skill, and in some ways I don't think they should wait until you're of a mind to either do the specialty or do an AOW dive to teach you this (or at least show you the nice chart for reference).

I also think AOW is good for showing you your diving options. You can try different things, and see what you want to pursue. Plus the navigation study is beneficial. I did Search and Recovery, and it really helped me learn how to use the compass underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom