Passed my AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Passed my PADI AOW this past weekend. It was a lot of fun! The five dives I did were:
  1. Deep (required)
  2. Underwater Navigation (required)
  3. Peak Performance Bouyancy
  4. Wreck
  5. Night
The deep was the best of them all, followed by the wreck, although I learned a lot during the PPB. The dives were all done in the Brockville/Prescott area.

The first dive was at the Prescott Docks, and was the Peak Performance Bouyancy. We got there at 8:00 Saturday morning, and there had to be about 75 other divers there already. By the time we hit the water, there were probably close to 100 divers inthe water. One rescue class was going on, and shouts of "Call 911" were heard all over. For some reason, I don't think that is a good idea... The visability was horrible with all the divers, and after we god our weighting down, we attempted to do some fin pivots. The vis was about 10 inches, so when you were headed downward, you didn't see the bottom until you pretty much hit it.

The second dive was thr deep dive to the Muskie! What a great dive. Vis was close to 30 feet, and as we left the anchor line at about 90 feet, the boat started to appear out of the gloom. The dive was short, 19 minutes, but I am anxious to go back.

We then did our night night dive just off of the dock at the resort, www.riversidediveresort.com There wasn't much to see, some old tires and some fish, but the navigation test at night was fun. It was a long day, and we crashed into bed around midnight.

The second day started with the Underwater Navigation dive at the Block House in Brockville. This was fun, and knowing my bouyancy, it was easy to do, especially after doing something similar the night before.

The last dive was a wreck dive on the Conestoga. We started the dive at the point and let the current drift us to the wreck. I had been on this dive once before, but being weighted properly, I was able to enjoy it much more.

All in all a great weekend.

Congratulations! It sounds like you had a great class and allot of fun.

I'm looking forward to doing my AOW soon. :D

Taking mine next week, can't wait to join the "ranks"...

Congratulations! How many dives total do you have under your belt now? What's your next step?

excellent!

sounds like you got good value out of AOW

if i may recommend Rescue Diver next, allow me to do it. best class ever!

:wink:

Sounds like you made some great choices. Congratulations!

BTW, we never say "Call 911" here unless we have a real emergency. Instead, we say "Call for Pizza" and everyone knows what we mean! :D

Congratulations! Sounds like a great class and a good instructor. I'm just about finished with my AOW. Two more dives to go. Unfortunately, I've been less than impressed with the quality of instruction I've received. Either consider yourself lucky or kudos for making a wise decision when selecting your instructor.

dherbman:
Congratulations! How many dives total do you have under your belt now? What's your next step?

Actually I'm part way through my Rescue Class. We've done the first classroom and first pool session, the second set is this week. I'm diving every week since the water has warmed up here, it was 66* on Sunday, and I now have 14 dives in. Just a start, but getting there. I'm also planning Nitrox in the next few weeks, so that will be it for a while. I may do some of the more specialized courses as I find that certification dives teach and re-inforce a lot more than just what you are taking.

Congrats on the cert!

I'm doing my night dive this Friday... can't wait!

H2Andy:
excellent!

if i may recommend Rescue Diver next, allow me to do it. best class ever!

:wink:

Yes - even if you do not decide to go beyond Rescue - Definitely take Rescue/EFR.
Totally worth it!

errrr uh, guess I should have read the entire thread first. way to go taking this class!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom