Passed - how long till decoder ring arrives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arizona_SVO

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Final evaluation last night with super-master instructor guy who quizzed me for hours, made me do everything at least 2 different ways, did what he could think of to trick me, and made me explain the theory, pratical application, and consequences of everything from snorkle to disassembly and care.

At the end he says, 'still a bit rough in a few areas, but some more exercises will bring smooth' and passed me.

I figured out of the (seems like hundreds) of areas he quizzed me, a bit rough in a few was pretty good. Plus there is no way I could possibly get everything right for this guy (he has been diving since the mid fifties, has like 9000+ dives, and he has his way of doing it and that way is the best).

For the doubters out there, yes, I know I have fewer than 100 dives and that will cause concern amoungst a few, but when you know the time is right to move onto the next level, you gotta take the training and do it.

So, I am now an SSI Dive Con. My question is, when does the secret decoder ring arrive and when do the flocks of women start throwing peeled grapes to me as I lounge on the deck?:D

Final evaluation last night with super-master instructor guy who quizzed me for hours, made me do everything at least 2 different ways, did what he could think of to trick me, and made me explain the theory, pratical application, and consequences of everything from snorkle to disassembly and care.

At the end he says, 'still a bit rough in a few areas, but some more exercises will bring smooth' and passed me.

I figured out of the (seems like hundreds) of areas he quizzed me, a bit rough in a few was pretty good. Plus there is no way I could possibly get everything right for this guy (he has been diving since the mid fifties, has like 9000+ dives, and he has his way of doing it and that way is the best).

For the doubters out there, yes, I know I have fewer than 100 dives and that will cause concern amoungst a few, but when you know the time is right to move onto the next level, you gotta take the training and do it.

So, I am now an SSI Dive Con. My question is, when does the secret decoder ring arrive and when do the flocks of women start throwing peeled grapes to me as I lounge on the deck?:D

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I don't know when you are going to get your secret decoder ring. I think the 'rough areas' are evident in the last paragraph...

The instructors are the people lounging on the deck. You're the one throwing peeled grapes. :wink:

Darrell, AKA 'soon to be indentured servant'

The only grapes I've seen are the rotten grapes people throw at me as I bring their tanks to the boat!

Congrats... rotten grapes don't taste that bad!

Congrats and well-done in your achievement!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom