Parts for imported wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought a Sub-Gravity wing after it was recommended by a LDS. I ordered a shorter inflator hose from Sub-Gravity and of course it doesn't fit. The original hose fittings are something like 0.830" at both ends, the new hose appears to be for using a 1.0" power inflator. That in general isn't bad because I was thinking about a new inflator, but it's got me worried about whether I can get other parts when I need them.

It's the same as DIR Zone which maybe is a European company. The power inflator is made in Italy.

I guess it's the elbows and gaskets that I'm most concerned about, and the inflator O-rings if I end up using the one that came with it.

Any thoughts?

how did you end up with a wing that has nonstandard sizing for the parts if the new one from subgravity is standard size? did you ask subgravity if that means your wing is an older design or revision?

normally it really isn't an issue because almost all of the wings i have encountered have the same sizing for parts, but i would find out now if the oms or dive rite plain elbows and opv fit your wing in case you need a repair in the future.

BCD Parts and Components | Dive Gear Express®

It’s like I got a metric wing, and the shorter hose they sent is a metric/imperial adapter.

Maybe I can just replace the whole thing - inside and outside elbow and valve. I can’t get any info on sizing and all the DIRZone parts only say DIRZone, no 3rd party says DIRZone.

The hose they sent me won’t work - it’s a 20mm to 25mm. My inflator and elbow are 22mm.

Maybe I can just replace the whole thing - inside and outside elbow and valve. I can’t get any info on sizing and all the DIRZone parts only say DIRZone, no 3rd party says DIRZone.

The hose they sent me won’t work - it’s a 20mm to 25mm. My inflator and elbow are 22mm.

you mean you got a 3/4 to 1 inch adapter hose? that isn't the correct hose then. subgravity has their hose listed as 23mm. scuba gear express looks to have the hose, opv, and elbow.

Corrugated Inflator Hose - Subgravity

SubGravity Corrugated inflator hose

SubGravity Wing OPV / Dump Valve

SubGravity Inflator Elbow

I bought a Sub-Gravity wing after it was recommended by a LDS. I ordered a shorter inflator hose from Sub-Gravity and of course it doesn't fit.

Did you ask Sub-Gravity about it?

Their site is wrong, just like it was when I bought the wing. They are using rebranded DIRZone gear (or whoever OEM is). 2 of the hose lengths are 23mm, the other is 20/25.

DIRZONE

I’m really disappointed with my decision to purchase from them. It was based on dive shops recommendation but I’m not happy with their gear knowledge as I lean more. Still a great shop for dives and community though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom