Park royal vs El cid.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ll say it again. It is shame to go AI in Cozumel. PR looks nice from what I could tell just touring it, much nicer than El Cid. Unless they have upgraded, El Cid has/had TINY, HOT and SLOW elevators – slow enough we used the stair to go the 3 - 4 flights to our rooms/lobby.

If it were me, I would stay at neither, and go with Casa Del Mar right next to PR. Yes, no elevator, but 3 floors max and they’ll do everything they can to put you on ground floor. Nice little restaurant at CDM, best bartender Santos, 2for1 HH 5-6 PM, easy walk to Ernestos or slightly longer to Turquoise.

I’ll say it again. It is shame to go AI in Cozumel. PR looks nice from what I could tell just touring it, much nicer than El Cid. Unless they have upgraded, El Cid has/had TINY, HOT and SLOW elevators – slow enough we used the stair to go the 3 - 4 flights to our rooms/lobby.

If it were me, I would stay at neither, and go with Casa Del Mar right next to PR. Yes, no elevator, but 3 floors max and they’ll do everything they can to put you on ground floor. Nice little restaurant at CDM, best bartender Santos, 2for1 HH 5-6 PM, easy walk to Ernestos or slightly longer to Turquoise.

I don't know where Turquoise is, but Paprika is the opposite direction (north) of Ernestos from CDM, and maybe a 50 foot further walk than Ernestos. It's right across the street from Tikila, on the East side of the street. Ground floor room at CDM is super convenient, and the gear could go in a locker right on the dock.

Back
Top Bottom