Paralenz - Great Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maadJurguer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just need to provide some kudos to the folks at Paralenz for their excellent customer service, and product. I've had a Paralenz for the past 2 years and it's seen some good use on several trips to Bonaire, freshwater desert diving, Roatan...and in a few weeks, Palau.

On my last trip, I noticed that the depth sensor stopped working. This would result in the depth and temperature display showing 0.0 depth, 32 degrees F. In the past, this would sometimes happen and the remedy was just to reset the thing and all was well again. After several resets and a reinstall of the Firmware, I was still unable to remedy the situation. Since my wife also has a Paralenz, it was not that big of a deal and I simply shut the video data overlay off in the menu and used the camera for more close-ups and B-roll while my wife used her's to film more expansive shots where it's kinda nice to have that data display.

After my trip, I wrote customer service and received a reply the next day. Since they are in Denmark, this is completely understandable since my reply to them probably arrived in the middle of night. After a quick back and forth on what I had done to try and alleviate the issue, I was issued a postage paid priority shipping label and invoices to get the unit back to Paralenz HQ (Denmark). At this point I was a little worried that it would not get back to me in time....if you've ever had something delayed in customs...you know the feeling.

Long story short - in a weeks time, the unit is on it's way back to me and will arrive here in 2 days. Overall, the turn around time I experienced is 16 days - from my first email to them, to when I will receive the camera back. Folks at Paralnez were super helpful and took care of everything.

I know I sound like a paid shill for the company (I'm not), but whenever I receive customer support that surprises me in a good way, I gotta let folks know. I was prepared for the worst (buy a new camera and/or a huge delay). These guys have my admiration.

They do provide excellent customer service. I had a battery issue recently and they sent me a return label, I shipped it. A few days went by and I sent them a message to confirm if they received the camera, and to my surprise hours later the camera was delivered. Less than a week to turn it around. New battery, new o-rings, all cleaned up and sent in another hard case. Can't be that.

I'm hoping they can continue to improve on the DCC function. I still find myself using Dive+ to color correct photos and clips. It's certainly better than any other action cam on the market, but they're not quite there yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom