Paradise Springs Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazy Fingers

Contributor
Reaction score
Dove Paradise on Sunday 8-20. My first time in a cavern this intense. I thought it was very cool to dive in a place like that, but I have to admit the fossils were not nearly as extensive or exciting as I was expecting. That blue glow at depth is amazing though. I also hit 100 feet for the first time. I didn't feel any narc but my buddy said he was starting to catch a buzz.

After the first dive, my setup fell from the bench and busted my 2nd stage hose right where it attaches to the first stage! Unfortunately Curt (the owner) didn't have a low pressure hose of the right thread. So I took a surface interval, went to the hardware store and rigged up a bolt, nut for a spacer, and o-ring which sealed the port. My intention was to breathe off my octo and just stay shallow on the second dive. When I got back, Curt was nice enough to lend me an old Sherwood Brut second stage so I wouldn't have to use my ghetto apparatus. After clearing out the cobwebs it breathed great.

On the second dive, visibility was getting worse, definitely dropping to less than hundred feet. (Several divers had been in that day.) Also, the sun was getting low so the trees blocked out a lot of the light. And it was cold, so we ended up with a half hour dive to a maximum of 65 feet.

I thought the operation was very well run, considering the owners live right there next to the spring. Curt was very helpful and professional, and we had a good time!

Thanks for the report, I dove Paradise in February and had a great time. We lucked out and had the place to ourselves, which made for quite a view without anyone kicking up the bottom. I think I spent the majority of my dive hovering upside down looking at formations.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom