Paper Listing on Dive Slate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tgoetze

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has made a paper list and permantly attached it to a dive slate. I made a slate out of PVC and want to attach a list that is typed to it without losing the list. What do I need to do to glue it to the PVC and what do I need to coat it with to make it waterproof. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

Avery makes a waterproof "shipping label" (5526) that is 8.5 x 5.5 and self-adhesive. You can print on it with a laser printer and it works great.

Hey tg - you might to just write your dive data on the slate if you're using a deco program like V-Planner. I know guys who print out their generated dive profile before a dive and laminate it, but I can't see close-up anymore - it's just easier to get one of those 3-leaf slates and write big. Well, for me it is. Then erase it as you need to.

If it's for short term use, just stick a piece of clear packing tape over it, and make sure the edges overlap the paper and are securely adhered. That's what I do with my deco schedules, and they so far have stayed put until I remove them.

If you want to make it permanent, saturate the paper with waterproof glue on both sides, stick it on, and wipe off any excess. I haven't tried it, but I'd think aquaseal or marine epoxy would do the trick nicely.

Back
Top Bottom