Panning a dive trip to Saba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perfect1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good Morning- Looking for some information on Saba. Planning a trip for the end of May, diving with Sea Sabe and staying at rhe Queen's Garden. Any first hand information will be helpful. Water temperature, viz, dive operation, hotel, etc. What not to miss? Open water advanced. Thanks for your help. See you on the bottom. Dan NC

Perfect1:
Good Morning- Looking for some information on Saba.

I just returned from Saba and Statia, a week on each. The diving was pretty good despite rough seas. Sea Saba and Golden Rock Divers were both excellent outfits and mellow with our picky group. The dive sites were cool with lots of fauna, the angles were huge.

I loved both islands for the rural small town, friendly quality. The natural, rugged aspects of both islands made the topside exploration as interesting for me as the diving.

We stayed in Windward at the Cottage Club which was large, clean and convieniently located to restaurants and shops. I plan to go back again.

My dive buddy put up some photos he took at:

http://www.research.earthlink.net/tboss/statia

RS Daring Divers From Hell

Cool pics! Nice to see some Saba. How would you compare Saba to some of the other places that you have dived?

We stayed at Queen's Garden several years ago and dove with SeaSaba and had a wonderful time. The hotel was beautiful and quiet and the people in Saba were great (everyone on Saba is great, including the children!). No other place in the world can you leave your dive gear on the porch and be confident that it will be there when you return.
The diving was pristine. Saba declared the waters surrounding the island a marine reserve long before it became a diving destination. The vis was fantastic and marine life was plentiful. You are going to love Saba, underwater and topside as well.

Loved my visit to Saba last year... will have to pull up info. We stayed up in Hell's Gate. The Dive Op arranged for pick up daily, all part of the cost of diving. One of the local eateries allowed us to run a tab for the week we were there. The flight in alone is a must!!!! That "international" airport.... wow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom