panic under water - I had serious problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABC as in Aspiration, Bleeding, Chock? or something else that I just haven´t learnt in english?

Air, Buoyancy, Communication.

Just a rule of thumb I use to prioritize basic needs/activities under task loading . Trim is part of buoyancy. The breathing thing that Lynne referred to is part of Air. Breathing and buoyancy are Siamese twins and you need to be aware of both to keep your trim while performing other tasks.

I don't know if that makes any sense. It's just something that might help sort tasks to keep perceptual narrowing from setting in.

The communication in this is kind of irrelevant for the question at hand but it could be any other task.

R..

Rob has a really good piece he wrote about managing task loading in THIS thread.

I´d tend to agree with your prioritization only for me it would propably be something like AAABC, just to emphasize that as long as you have gas and the ability to breath it, all other problems aren´t even really problems but things on the "to do list" that you can adress later, at your convenience...I´d agree with the posters in the other thread who felt that "ending up in cuba" isn´t really that big a deal as long as you get to the surface in one piece...

Also... the breathing and bouyancy connection...that´s true for singles but not for doubles...with doubles I can breath as efficiently as possible without affecting bouyancy but that is not true with singles...the difference is enough to be noticeble in my SAC between the two...just nitpicking really but still...

Back
Top Bottom