Panay Explorers Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE

We will update our website with all of the services we will offer. Our guest will have many western amenities at their disposal. We plan to have everything from an aid station to baby sitting services (with first aid/CPR training) to state of the art rental dive gear. We are working with a leading regulator manufacturer to become a retail/service center for one of the best brands of regulators on the market. Stay tuned for more great news from Panay Explorers!

All is well in Culasi. We have been working very hard to get the required paperwork submitted to appropriate authorities for all of the myriad of permits and applications we need. This is truly a learning experience. We are having fun every step of the way!
While working the paperwork the team had time for some phots. See the beauty of the Visayas.

Balabago_Oct%20(34).jpg

BabyD, I just called the travel agent and I'm coming again on Nov 22 or 24. We'll most likely go and stay in Anani'i for a few nights diving Nogas but I want to come up your way for sure this time and dive Maralisan and say hello. Are you going to be in town then?

Hank.....that is awesome!! We will be in town then. What is your schedule? PM me and we'll talk. We gotta link up!!

Hi Babydamulag,
We're based right next door in Boracay. I'll come visit you next time I come to Culasi. Usually when I have visitors and want to show them the "real" Philippines I do a few-day trip to Panay: Hurum Hurum, Jawili - spend a night - Butong Batu Falls, Culasi - spend a night - Malumpati and back home. See ya... and good luck for your endeavors! Your place looks good!

the truth is , no tourism, mean no livelihood replacement, then it will go a natural dead.
the good news is, there will be direct flight from shanghai to Kalibo by Nov. so you
monitor it, if it push thru, you need direction sign, coral reef poster to be place at Kalibo
airport.Sampagrita resort at Kalibo will be the tour group overnite stay. very few people know bout your area, and they don't go to your place if their is
no ads, but definitely it will be a fall out from Boracay! you just have to work for it. or
join PCSSD! if your divesites are really that good! (u don't reply my private mail!)

the truth is , no tourism, mean no livelihood replacement, then it will go a natural dead.
the good news is, there will be direct flight from shanghai to Kalibo by Nov. so you
monitor it, if it push thru, you need direction sign, coral reef poster to be place at Kalibo
airport.Sampagrita resort at Kalibo will be the tour group overnite stay. very few people know bout your area, and they don't go to your place if their is
no ads, but definitely it will be a fall out from Boracay! you just have to work for it. or
join PCSSD! if your divesites are really that good! (u don't reply my private mail!)

Boracay is almost overloaded now. I can't believe how much it grew from 8 years ago. And from 10 years before that. Incredible, but sad too. Boracay seems to draw the hard core partyers now.
I think there's the potential for Sipadan type developments in the Philippines. But as you said, it will take marketing and it will attract a niche market of more hard core divers. I think Baby D is on to something. I'm kind of surprised that no one has put a small resort on Maniguin. I would love to go and stay there for 3-4 days. You could go out to other islands from there too.

Boracay is almost overloaded now. I can't believe how much it grew from 8 years ago.

I keep hearing the same and so I've been hesistant to go back to Bora...

BabyD - if you build it, we will come... :wink:

Boracay is almost overloaded now. I can't believe how much it grew from 8 years ago. And from 10 years before that. Incredible, but sad too. Boracay seems to draw the hard core partyers now.

babyD, you couldn't put it more plainly than that. kept on telling myself there are still places in Boracay that still has not lost its charms but when you look at white beach, its too overloaded. tourists and local boracay residents alike. its getting too commercialized i wouldn't be surprised if they put starbucks and mcdonalds there in a few months.

but uhmmn.... hard core partying part... it still rocks. :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom