Panama City dive this past weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, guys
I went to PC last weekend and got in a few shore dives before Claudette showed up and spoiled the party. VIS was spectacular! Virtually no sea weed to mess things up. Seas were running quite mild. You would never have known on Sun. morning before the storm hit last night 90 miles down the coast that the weather was about to change drastically.
Great diving!!

where did you end up diving? i went on saturday out to the liberty ship and span 12. about 2ft seas, cloudy, but viz was still about 40 ft! really good dives this past weekend!

I dove from the beach about 1.5-2 miles east from the Fountainbleau Hotel which has been there since the early 60's.
Our condo was right across the Days Inn on the beach on Front Beach Rd. We had to take our car across the street to the Days Inn parking lot to get kitted up to get to the beach.
You must have been getting some of the beginning swells offshore from Claudette. At times the water was almost as calm as Lake Lanier. No chop at all.
PCB can and does have some rough surf conditions from time to time as you know very well. I remember surfing there back in the '70s.
I envy you living there. Atlanta would be perfect if it had an ocean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom