Panama City Dive Club 03/03/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darcy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
For anyone interested the Panama City Dive Club meets Thursday 03/03/05 at 7p in the community boardroom behind TGI Friday's on 23rd Street.

I haven't joined yet, this will be my second meeting but the membership fee is $25. Looks like they go out on a discounted trip each Sunday with Divers Den in the summer and do some trips to some far away exotic local...sounds good to me.

darcy:
For anyone interested the Panama City Dive Club meets Thursday 03/03/05 at 7p in the community boardroom behind TGI Friday's on 23rd Street.

I haven't joined yet, this will be my second meeting but the membership fee is $25. Looks like they go out on a discounted trip each Sunday with Divers Den in the summer and do some trips to some far away exotic local...sounds good to me.

I think I am going to try and make this meeting if I can get off work early enough. I guess they don't make you join just to sit in on a meeting and see what the club is about?

Do they have a website? Id be interested in seeing what happens at the meetings, etc. DO you have contact info for someone I can talk to?

They don't have a website. It was a little hard to track them down, I had to search through google until I found a number where someone actually called me back. The number I have for them is 850.234.8963. They do however meet the first Thursday of each month at TGI Friday's, 7p.

I am a slacker and missed the meeting last night. My excuse was that it was cold and raining and I didn't feel like driving over the bridge. We spoiled beach folk don't like to leave our cozy beach for "town."

Biggen did you make the meeting last night?

If I find any more information on them or their trips, I will post it here for all to see.

darcy:
They don't have a website. It was a little hard to track them down, I had to search through google until I found a number where someone actually called me back. The number I have for them is 850.234.8963. They do however meet the first Thursday of each month at TGI Friday's, 7p.

I am a slacker and missed the meeting last night. My excuse was that it was cold and raining and I didn't feel like driving over the bridge. We spoiled beach folk don't like to leave our cozy beach for "town."

Biggen did you make the meeting last night?

If I find any more information on them or their trips, I will post it here for all to see.

I was in the same boat as you, Darcy. I didn't feel like driving over the bridge last night either so I didn't attend. I am still trying to get over this darn cold I have so I can go diving this weekend. I'll try to attend it next month and see what it is about.

I wouldn't mind joining it just to meet some new dive buddies. I am always looking to meet new folks who teach me new tricks :). I am not really interested in getting discount rates (through the club) on dive trips since one of my dive buddies has a boat and we go diving in the gulf quite frequently during the spring and summer. Although I am glad they use Divers Den as their dive boat operation. They and PCDC are the only two diveshops I use in the area.

Biggen:
I'll try to attend it next month and see what it is about.

I'm going to try to make it too. It's only one night a month, I should be able make room in my oh so hectic schedule to meet some folks who love to do what I love to do.

Biggen:
I am not really interested in getting discount rates (through the club) on dive trips since one of my dive buddies has a boat and we go diving in the gulf quite frequently during the spring and summer.

What a blessing! If I go offshore I go with Diver's Den. I have a few friends with boats but but none of them dive :shocked: Why you would want to be on the water when you could be IN/UNDER THE WATER, is beyond me. LOL

Biggen:
Although I am glad they use Divers Den as their dive boat operation. They and PCDC are the only two diveshops I use in the area.

I was pleased to see they use Diver's Den too. They are my LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom