Panama City Beach Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looked at the tide report and PCB Jetties will have high tides of:

3/11/05 - 10:46am (Friday)
3/12/05 - 10:27am (Saturday)
3/13/05 - 10:41am (Sunday)

I'm looking to come down for 3/12/05 and possibly camp out at St. Andrews Park. I've been diving in about 42 deg. water lately and need to warm up. What are the current conditions (I know it's about a month away and conditions change in the gulf about every hour).

What can I expect for the following in Mid March?
Water Temp?
Visibility?
Air Temp?

Also, I've been using Hydrospace for tank rentals but know they have a "winter" schedule and may not be open. Does anyone know of a good place to get tanks that would probably be open "normal" schedule year round?

I've thought of getting tanks at the following:
PCDC
Dive Locker
Diver's Den
But don't know what schedule they keep.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hey, Looney Bird,
Regardless of the temp, it's sure to be a heck of a lot warmer than the mud puddle!!!

The Kraken:
Hey, Looney Bird,
Regardless of the temp, it's sure to be a heck of a lot warmer than the mud puddle!!!

It was in the 60's at the destin jetties last weekend. Hey Jer, if you end up going let me know, I might come down and do some diving with you as well. Looks like I'm going to be missing my springs trip this weekend do to my ear infection still causing issues.. :/

Matt

Hey, add me to the caravan . . .

Add me to the list, I'm not going to be the only one left behind freezing my tail off at Lanier.
Jeremy, you should be OK wearing your 1 mm skin in PC since you have been using the 5mm for Lanier. :eyebrow:

LOL Allen.. I see a Looney Trip in the Making! Once things become more concrete maybe we could invite out Seayoda, SuprBugMan, Darcy, Eanxgirl, GoatDawg, and some of the other locals/semi-locals to come out and have a jetties megadive.. :)

Matt

Like Looneys to the sea . . . .

Scubaboard MegaDive or Looney Birds head south... sounds great to me.

The wife and my brother & his better half are planning on camping out at St. Andrews State park.

In case 3/12/05 doesn't work out here are the
Tide Schedule for the rest of March weekends:
Sa 19 Low 2:47 AM
19 High 4:22 PM
Su 20 Low 3:28 AM
20 High 5:28 PM

Sa 26 Low 2:43 AM
26 High 9:43 AM
26 Low 5:28 PM
Su 27 High 9:41 AM
27 Low 6:30 PM

It looks like the Looney Birds are going to strike PCB next month.

Jeremy

Fran and I are going to be camping out too. It will be nice camping at St. Andrews. If the river levels cooperate maybe we could go take a dip at morrison springs, it's only an hr from PCB. Best of all it's free. I wouldn't even mind diving at vortex when the tides are low at the jetties. Of course we could always charter a boat and do a few wreck dives in the afternoon when the tides are low.. :) I vote for wreck dives in the Gulf, that is if we can find a charter running in the afternoon... :scubadive

Matt

Oh boy, company is coming! I live a few blocks from St. Andrews State Park, I'm definately in for diving if you all come to town. I wouldn't mind a spring dive either. It's high in the 70's outside today hopefully the water will warm up even a little more than it was last weekend when Suprbugman and SeaYoda went diving the Destin Jetties. Sounded a little chilly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom