Panama City Beach: for what it might be worth now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jethroish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just got home today. I was going to Pensacola this week about a possible job transfer, so wife and I decided to go to PCB and dive.
I called Hydrospace on Monday to verify we were still good to go. They said yes. I did not want to drive 14 hours for nothing. Tuesday afternoon my cell rang. "Hi this is *** with Hydrospace. We had a couple people cancel, so we don't have enough to go out."
CRAP!!!!!
Then he said, "I just got off the phone with PC Dive Center. They have a boat going in the morning and are holding you a spot."
SWEET!!!
We went to the Strength first, but there were 2 boats there fishing so we went over to span 12. Vis there was 40 to 50 feet down to about 50 feet then dwindled to 25 or so. Still better than here in Okla.
We went back over to the Strength. Just amazes me that in less than 1/2 mile, vis can be that much worse. Vis on the Strength was only about 25 at best. Lots of fish though. There were a few jellies around, not many, but a stray tenticle got me on the back of the knee.
Temp at 60 feet was 79.

Now, another hurricane is coming in, so none of this is really relavant, but I got to tell my story. So...Thanks for reading.

Glad you got to enjoy the state before the storm hit. A bad day diving Pensacola beats a great diving day at Tenkiller.

Are you moving here?

Though they canceled your trip, I find it good that they took the effort to book you with another shop, even if it was a competitor...

Like Mike stated, thats a pretty good story on getting you in the water regardless of the original shops shortcomings on filling their boat. Glad you had fun. ...and Welcome to ScubaBoard.

THats about typical viz for PC. It all depends on the tides really. Strength is a pretty neat dive regardless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom