Palm Beach or Jupiter? Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the offer Ron, but I am flying out on the 24th. I would like to dive the 21,22, and 23rd.

Thanks to everyone for the information. Maybe I will go with the Jupiter Dive Center.
Teri

You may also want to check with Scuba Works in Jupiter. They have trips running daily on The Temptation and I can also highly recommend both the shop and the boat. Captain Paul of the Temptation does a great job and Scuba Works' customer service and knowledge is the best in Jupiter in my opinion. Best of all, they impose a limit of 12 divers.......no herding!

+1 for the reccomendation for the Temptation, Capt Paul / Scuba Works, Coby Cooper. Jupiter is better diving in my opinion but it is deeper at 75' - 80'. The ledges are much larger but the boats do not have cattle shutes. The critters are bigger and more plentiful. I'd much rather dive Jupiter than WPB on any given day.

Nitrox is reccomended but not a must if you do not have the card or the means.

ScubaWorks

Temptation

SterlingDiver:
I just dove 4 dives with Jim Abernathy's Scuba Adventures in WPB area this past weekend. Overall, they were very average in most ways. Their shop's customer service skills were very lacking. They gave us the feeling the whole time they didn't want us there. I would not dive with them again.

Ditto. Plus the boat filled with exhaust fumes making several divers sick.

diver doh:
NItrox, no real way around it if you want to maximize your diving time and pleasure.

If Baited Storm would ever answer my e-mails ( :D ) I would like to get down to WPB again and dive on the Mardi Gras Float again. Had a great time last time (and have't been wet since?)

I also highly recommend Capt Paul and the Temptation. Have ahd several trips with him and am sceduled for at least 4 dives next weekend. If I could find a way to make all eleven dives he has scheduled for Friday to Monday, I would.

Jeff

I talked to Capt. Paul, and he is a nice guy. I switched to Nitrox, and he's going to get me some bigger tanks as my SAC is rather middle of the road and I really don't want to limit my, or anyone elses bottom time. I'm not sure it would be an issue in any event, but I just don't know, so bigger tank... good.

That is customer service!!

SterlingDiver:
I just dove 4 dives with Jim Abernathy's Scuba Adventures in WPB area this past weekend. Overall, they were very average in most ways. Their shop's customer service skills were very lacking. They gave us the feeling the whole time they didn't want us there. I would not dive with them again.

I hope you can find a better option.

Good luck and good diving.

Dave

Yeah..I could have told you about them..Pompous, rude, etc, etc...I lived in WPB for 8 years and after 2 dives with them I never went back...I don't understand why charter operators work like that. I don't mean to generalize but it is so true that many of these guys forget that diving is supposed to be fun and that the divers are "PAYING" them to provide that...instead you feel like your bothering them...or worse they have to feel like they are competing with you in some way...I am surprised that Abernathy (a legend in his own mind) is even still operating because I can tell you many of the locals don't care for his op...Must be scalpin tourist...Anyway sorry for the bad experience..hopefully the dive itself was ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom