Palm Beach or Jupiter? Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TLangston

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be visiting Jupiter July 20-24. I wanted to do some diving while I am there. Can anyone recommend where and with who? I read that Palm Beach has some of the best diving around. Is there any merit to that?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Teri

I wish I didnt have to report to you on the Rampage, she sunk during our hurricanes. She and her Captain were my all time favorite. I love Jupiter, have been out on the Temptation with Captain Paul (Jupiter Dive Charter) very nice dive op, I can't really comment on Blue Tang but I can tell you, they too come highly recommended.

Now if you want to come dive in Palm Beach (where I DM off a boat) give me a call and I'll get ya hooked up 772-370-2144 (will be back up and running on Monday, phone got stolen, new one should be arriving then).

Diving wise, I prefer Jupiter. It is a little bit deeper, as most sites are in the 70-90 foot range where as WPB is usually in the 50-60 foot range. If you want to see large ledges (20+ feet tall) and see large critters (sharks and Jew Fish) - Jupiter is the place to go. But you get a little bit more of a tropical dive in WPB. The ledges are much smaller, but many people find WPB to be a "prettier" dive. Not sure I agree with that, but I would agree that in general it is a little bit easier.

Jupiter Dive Center has trips daily, I believe.

If you are not used to drift diving, it is pretty cool...

My father in law, our sales manager, and our northeast sales rep dove with them today and had a great time. Unfortunately, someone had to run the shop, so I couldn't make the trip...:(

Scott

baitedstorm:
I wish I didnt have to report to you on the Rampage, she sunk during our hurricanes. She and her Captain were my all time favorite. I love Jupiter, have been out on the Temptation with Captain Paul (Jupiter Dive Charter) very nice dive op, I can't really comment on Blue Tang but I can tell you, they too come highly recommended.

Now if you want to come dive in Palm Beach (where I DM off a boat) give me a call and I'll get ya hooked up 772-370-2144 (will be back up and running on Monday, phone got stolen, new one should be arriving then).

That's horrible..As far as Captain's go..he was one of the most congenial and helpful ones I had been around..thanks for the info, I left in the summer of 03' right before that area got spanked

TLangston:
I will be visiting Jupiter July 20-24. I wanted to do some diving while I am there. Can anyone recommend where and with who? I read that Palm Beach has some of the best diving around. Is there any merit to that?

Thanks,

Teri

I just dove 4 dives with Jim Abernathy's Scuba Adventures in WPB area this past weekend. Overall, they were very average in most ways. Their shop's customer service skills were very lacking. They gave us the feeling the whole time they didn't want us there. I would not dive with them again.

I hope you can find a better option.

Good luck and good diving.

Dave

TLangston:

Thanks,

Teri

A 3 tank dive with Jupiter Dive charters for 7/24 if you are interested.

I'm thinking I'll book 7/23 with Baited Storms outfit, but have not made arrangements yet.

For those that have done the three tank dive with Jupiter, I ordered air, but maybe I should be doing Nitrox instread? I'm going to call them and discuss this.

RonFrank:
A 3 tank dive with Jupiter Dive charters for 7/24 if you are interested.

I'm thinking I'll book 7/23 with Baited Storms outfit, but have not made arrangements yet.

For those that have done the three tank dive with Jupiter, I ordered air, but maybe I should be doing Nitrox instread? I'm going to call them and discuss this.

NItrox, no real way around it if you want to maximize your diving time and pleasure.

If Baited Storm would ever answer my e-mails ( :D ) I would like to get down to WPB again and dive on the Mardi Gras Float again. Had a great time last time (and have't been wet since?)

I also highly recommend Capt Paul and the Temptation. Have ahd several trips with him and am sceduled for at least 4 dives next weekend. If I could find a way to make all eleven dives he has scheduled for Friday to Monday, I would.

Jeff

Hey.... what emails are you talking about Jeff???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom