Palm Beach Lobster and fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A recent trip, one of the guys needed a little help with a fin strap - his buddy was elsewhere... reason number 235 why I like full foot freedive fins.

The end of the video is like 5 minutes of trying to get bugs out of a single hole. Would have been much easier if I had a buddy - i figured it might be interesting for anyone who wants to see that lobster diving isn't all 20 second grabs - sorry if it is boring..

One of the guys got a bad lionfish hit in the hand and it was the first time I had seen it. It looked pretty terrible, I hope my first sting is far in the future, but for some reason I doubt it.

Both dives in 80-90 feet, the first dive of the day in 130 was dark and uneventful, so no video of that one.

Great video.

What flash light is that you're using?

Thanks, not my best, but what the heck.

The light is a MAKO Spearguns 680 lumen dive light. Very compact and focused and works well. I don't have fresh batteries in it or it would probably be brighter. Around $50..solid aluminum body

Great video.

What flash light is that you're using?

Ditto what Dumpster said. I also have the Mako 680 light. The batteries are cheap to buy for the strong LED and I like the battery indicator around the switch to tell you if it's getting low. At $50, the solid build, features & brightness, it's one of the best values out there. Make sure you remove, clean, and grease the o-rings at each battery change,,,,but that goes for any light.

Another recent trip on the same boat, but out the jupiter Inlet. Much different habitat and only 25 miles north.

Thanks, anybody know if that was a Green Turtle?

Back
Top Bottom