Trip Report Palm Beach & Jupiter - 13-14 Nov 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Papaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was able to get out diving this weekend. Here is a quick summary for those watching for condition updates.

Sat 13 Nov, AM charter with Pura Vida. Dive Sites: (1) Paul's Reef and (2) Flower Garden. Seas were almost flat! Just a gentle, rolling 1' or less. Water temp was uniformly 80 degrees throughout. Very minimal current. Visibility wasn't great. 30' average, 20' in spots, 40' in others. I had a very cool squid encounter on Flower Gardens (you all know I love squid!). Also saw a large bull shark off in the murk near the end of Paul's. I saw a tiny juvenile smooth trunkfish. Those are so cute! I also saw a cornetfish. Those aren't as common as the similar trumpetfish and are always a treat to see! Of course all the usual tropicals common to the Palm Beach reefs.

Sun 14 Nov, AM charter with Jupiter Dive Center. Dive Sites (1) Bluffs and (2) Bonnies. Seas were up a bit but not bad. 2-3' approximately. Water temp was still uniformly 80 degrees throughout. Even less current than yesterday in Palm Beach. Visibility was also not great. Similar to Palm Beach the day before or maybe a bit worse. I saw one of the resident hawksbill turtles, a large reef shark with an entourage of 5-6 jacks following it everywhere, a guy in the group speared a nice gag grouper, and the usual tropicals were all present. I was lucky enough to be on the boat with Banjo (golden retriever assistance dog) and his owner with a disability that has rendered him paralyzed from the waist down. What an impressive duo those two make!!! Very, very impressive.

All in all a great weekend of diving, nice and relaxing which I absolutely needed as work has been crazy!

I'll post a few video clips that I've downloaded and colorized in another post.

The Scorpionfish are always hanging out in front of our lobster holes. Sometimes I'll push them aside but they will come right back in where they were laying around. Great Videos!!

Nice report! We dove with Pura Vida yesterday afternoon. Looks like I just missed you, bummer!

Nice report! We dove with Pura Vida yesterday afternoon. Looks like I just missed you, bummer!

Bummer! But we could have been on the same boat and not known it since we've not met. That happens alot when someone sees a report of mine after a dive and they say, "Hey, I was on that charter with you!!" Hopefully we'll end up on a charter together one of these days!

Shots from Flower Garden

6320974C-F6B2-485C-AD7B-64498BDADB7D.jpeg
83847897-6DE6-4F37-AB1E-6F08EF537ED6.jpeg
593123BF-2C4D-4180-93EA-4DE4BF19318A.jpeg
D5531D69-3471-421B-9206-51D265405FD7.jpeg

Check out this Green Moray from Bonnie’s in Jupiter. He appears to have had his tail bitten off by something yet he survived and it appears to have healed. He was just sitting out in the open. Without his rear fin he clearly can’t maneuver and get around very easily. Essentially an amputee green moray.

B47C8C78-EDB3-4112-B232-CE3BA365D1F0.jpeg

Bummer! But we could have been on the same boat and not known it since we've not met.
We were on the same boat Sunday.
@Divin'Papaw, that thought crossed my mind! @CosbySweater, also a bummer. Maybe we need a new rule when diving in W.Palm...all of us SBers have to get on the boat and announce loudly, I am the famous "so and so" from Scubaboard. :rofl3: That way we won't miss each other!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom