Palau: Cove Resort or Sea Passion Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seonmi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

We are spending a week in March 2024 diving land based in Palau.

We got quotes from Dive Palau Adventure and it's the same price at Cove Resort (marina blue bay view, no balcony) and Sea Passion Hotel (mountain view). DPA said that they can pick us up by boat from Cove Resort since it got its own dock, but for Sea Passion, it depends on tide and how busy the dock is.

Which one would you recommend between the two options? We only got 1 week flying from Australia so can't do liveaboard this time. Anything else we should be aware of?

Thanks!

I have stayed at Sea Passions, but it was in 2010 which is not much help, I’m afraid. The rooms were big, and it was walking distance to Sam’s Dive shop. We ate out most nights so the restaraunt can’t have been that great. There was an outdoor bar overlooking a lagoon that was very pleasant. My main reason for jumping in though was to ask how you are getting to Palau. The last time we looked it seemed to involve 4 or 5 flights going via Seoul or somewhere in China.

We just learned about Air Niugini flying from Brisbane and back every Tuesday (transit in Port Moresby) so immediately booked. Apparently the Australian govt is subsidising the route to help Palau recover from Covid.

We have stayed at Sea Passions and it was fine. Breakfast included, rooms spacious. The good thing was you could walk across the street to Sams. Great restaurants on the dock area. Drop Off Bar and Grill had the best cheeseburger and onion rings we have ever had

sea passion got a refurb fairly recently, but i would still say the cove is overall nicer. doesn't really have a sand beach area though. the one the sea passion has is pretty tiny and its on the lagoon side that sometimes has a smell. paying the extra for the palau royal or PPR is the better option there if you want some beach time after diving.

there is a mini mart across from neco marine that has canned import beer for pretty cheap. dropoff bar has well priced food and used to be the best option if you needed some WiFi, but sim card or roaming plans are easier to come by these days.

Thanks all. I'll go with the cove then. We're in Sydney and go to the beach every other weekend; so the beach is not as important anymore, compared to when we lived in London and were always desperate for some beach time (no, not a pebble beach fan, aka Brighton beach lol)

Back
Top Bottom