Palau - are there beach bungalows on the island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Are there bungalows on beaches in Palau, on the waterfront? Or the only accomodation option is hotels, as I read through the threads here?

RJP,

I know google, don't worry about that, and I have looked into it. Here I was expecting a more precise advice - like how they look/what to expect, how's the beach, how close or far are they from Koror, and so on.

I wasn't clear enough in my initial message - but I was surprised all stories here were related to hotels, not to the bungalows that I have found, and I was also wondering what is the reason for that.

Palau is mostly made up of rock islands with fewer beaches than some tropical islands. We recently stayed at the Palau Pacific Resort, which is a very well known hotel. It is very nice, but not in the realm of bungalow. There is an eco tour resort (forgot the name) that might be worth checking out. I personally did not see or hear of any bungalows. Palau is awesome, as you probably know. Have fun.

As stated above, the Rock Islands don't have a lot of beach access, and pretty much all of that is taken up by resorts, dive operations and marinas. You have to go off Koror to Peleliu or Carp Island, which usually means that the northern dive sites like Ulong are too far away, to get bungalows on the beach.

Though if you want to stay on Koror and are willing to give up the beach access, there's bungalows at the Carolines Resort.

Hi,

Are there bungalows on beaches in Palau, on the waterfront? Or the only accomodation option is hotels, as I read through the threads here?

A little late to the post but this may help those researching Palau and where to stay. I have been to Palau a few times and Palau Travel & Dive is a great resource for divers and kayakers. It has brief reviews and videos of most of Palau's major dive spots. It also has links to many of the places of where to stay on Palau.

No beach scene. Not like, say, Fiji. Great diving, but certainly no beach scene.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom