PADI Web Site Performance Problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey,

I'm new to diving and I have to say that PADI's website rocks. Found what I needed, found a dive shop quickly and even signed up for the open water diver course in a few clicks.

The site was fast (I think they resolved the issues that you speak of) and I was using a MAC and Firefox and everything worked fine for me.

In comparison, I tried SSI's and SDI's and they both sucked. I had problems finding a shop with the dive shop finder thing, it sucked in comparison.

I was also happy with the online course work from PADI (and I'm a teacher). Job well done. I have no complaints and have recomended three of my friends already and they have made to same positive comments

Ok maybe I am cynical. You posted back here in July and August in a PADI Rocks thread in support of PADI. So why are you now signing up to an OW course with them and praising PADI if you have never done any training with them?

Here is your quote:
divingscubadude:
They provide a system of education that has pulled the diving industry out of the dark ages. Instructors use this system to teach rather than having to design their own system. I've been diving for years and do not know educational philsophy like these guys. The staff who design PADI's systems have masters or phds in educational design; I cannot speak for the other training orgs. most just make it up or copy PADI.

PADI has done more for the diving industry than any other org.

How do you know this if you are a new uncertified diver? :wink: Also how have you been diving for years if you are now new to diving a few months later? :rofl3: As far as their website goes, I think it sucks equally as much as SSI's and SDI's. :)

Hey,

I'm new to diving and I have to say that PADI's website rocks. Found what I needed, found a dive shop quickly and even signed up for the open water diver course in a few clicks.

The site was fast (I think they resolved the issues that you speak of) and I was using a MAC and Firefox and everything worked fine for me.

In comparison, I tried SSI's and SDI's and they both sucked. I had problems finding a shop with the dive shop finder thing, it sucked in comparison.

I was also happy with the online course work from PADI (and I'm a teacher). Job well done. I have no complaints and have recomended three of my friends already and they have made to same positive comments

The page changed a lot. A few month ago it was complete different.
Now it is OK.

Back
Top Bottom