PADI Web Site Performance Problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have any of you had any problems viewing PADI's new web site? I am finding it to be very slow. I have also noticed that various web pages are not rendered properly. I see the problems both with Firefox and IE 6.0. I called PADI and they said they would look into it. I also sent a note to their webmaster.

Have any of you had any problems viewing PADI's new web site? I am finding it to be very slow. I have also noticed that various web pages are not rendered properly. I see the problems both with Firefox and IE 6.0. I called PADI and they said they would look into it. I also sent a note to their webmaster.

Yes it is very slow for me too.

I have more the problem to find useful informations there.....

:rofl3:

Yes. Like many websites today that use too much Flash, and load tons of ads from all over the world, its slow. Every website I go to now had to load the ads first to make sure you dont miss them.

At the risk of repeating the above, the biggest problem that I have with the PADI website is that it is very, very poor.

I tried it yesterday and it worked relativ fast (I sit in Bangkok and just everything is slow here). Information is improved from my last visit.
But, well it is a commercial webpage with focus on selling their products.

I tried it yesterday and it worked relativ fast (I sit in Bangkok and just everything is slow here). Information is improved from my last visit.
But, well it is a commercial webpage with focus on selling their products.

That is true, but so is the TDI website and the SSI website, and they are both much more accessible and user-friendly. There is no excuse for having a shoddy website in this day and age.

Hey,

I'm new to diving and I have to say that PADI's website rocks. Found what I needed, found a dive shop quickly and even signed up for the open water diver course in a few clicks.

The site was fast (I think they resolved the issues that you speak of) and I was using a MAC and Firefox and everything worked fine for me.

In comparison, I tried SSI's and SDI's and they both sucked. I had problems finding a shop with the dive shop finder thing, it sucked in comparison.

I was also happy with the online course work from PADI (and I'm a teacher). Job well done. I have no complaints and have recomended three of my friends already and they have made to same positive comments

Back
Top Bottom