Padi Tec 40-50 Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MyronGanes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can someone confirm this? The Padi Tec Deep Diver manual ONLY comes on a CD as a pdf now? I can't even get an actual book? And the disk is $50?

The PADI Pro site only shows a Crew-Pak that has the Manual on CD, plus a couples of other things, and the price is $116.45.

"Includes: Tec Deep Diver Manual on CD-ROM, TecRec checklist and planning slate, decal.

This kit does NOT include: the Emergency Procedures slate (required) 60402 or the Deep Stop Calculation table (required) use part numbers 60400 (imperial) or 61400 (metric)"

Those last two items cost $13.60 each.

No manual alone is shown, and no printed manual is shown.

The PADI Pro site only shows a Crew-Pak that has the Manual on CD, plus a couples of other things, and the price is $116.45.

"Includes: Tec Deep Diver Manual on CD-ROM, TecRec checklist and planning slate, decal.

This kit does NOT include: the Emergency Procedures slate (required) 60402 or the Deep Stop Calculation table (required) use part numbers 60400 (imperial) or 61400 (metric)"

Those last two items cost $13.60 each.

No manual alone is shown, and no printed manual is shown.
Deep stop calculation table?

I'm interested in this.

Deep stop calculation table?

I'm interested in this.
Looks like their approach for adding stops below the DSAT (Buhlmann?) required stop depth. I.e. if on a 200ft dive your first required stop is at 90ft you start your deep stops at 145ft.

Paper manuals haven't been available in the Philippines for over a year. I assume that's the same for the whole Asia Pacific region... maybe globally.

Hopefully it presages a future release of entirely new manuals.....as the existing manual wasn't updated since edition #1 in 2004. It's hopelessly antiquated.

The 'deep stops' mentioned are basically Pyle Stops.... dating back to an era where our deco software ran on MS-DOS. IMHO it's completely irrelevant given advances in deco modelling and planning software technology.

The only use I find for the 'deep stops' elements in that course manual is as part of a chat on 'historical context' to deco modelling....which also includes the development of bubble, then dual-phase models.... and of course, comparison with content models and gradient factors use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom