PADI Retail (No Star) Facilities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're new..... less than a year old
Welcome to East Atlanta Divers
my goal for the shop as an instructor is to be a 5 Star IDC Center one day. Convincing the owner to pay the extra for the 5 star maybe a different challenge however.....

You can be a 5* once you hit all the requirements. New standards just came out in the last few weeks. Check with your sales rep.

There are certification requirements and other things you must do to become 5*. Most stores in non-resort areas take 1-2 years to hit the requirements, but with the new standards, there is no longer a time limit. Once you become 5*, you must be able to hit all annual quotas or you will lose the rating.

We have been open almost 2 years as a Padi Dive Center. We have now hit all the requirements and we are applying. We waiting because the application takes time to fill out completely, the cost associated with applying and we wanted to make sure we would not get turned down due to any missed detail. We have exceeded all goals and we are now ready to move forward.

Yeah Phil, that was pretty much the direction I was asking, we've certainly met the requirements but like yourself haven't applied for various reasons. The most influencing reasons being when every store in an area is a five star theres really nothing that sets them out from others to say "this store is doing anything above the rest".

PinkPadiGal - I've been hearing PADI was going to re-vamp their criteria and make it something you earned and continued to earn. Kinda along the lines you might be referring as annual quotas.

Our application went in today. I should know in a week or 2 if we are approved. Our goal is to become a 5* IDC training faclity so this is just the first hurdle.

It's very simple for us. We also offer NAUI classes and unless PADI has changed the requirements, you can't be 5 Star and offer classes from any other agencies.

Back
Top Bottom