PADI Open Water Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

etang77

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Newbie here. I've just returned from a trip in Okinawa, where I had a chance to snorkel on top of a tortoise and had really hoped to have been able to swim with it and the bottom seems to beautiful I wished I could have been down there.

So here I am after my trip, seeking to see where it is good to take on the PADI course in Hong Kong, as I research and find quite a few in Hong Kong but don't know which is good, and more pro?

I am also a newbie. I have been researching getting PADI OWD in HK for a while. I have just booked a trip to Moalboal, Philippines for my son and I to get certified. It will cost around $4K HKD to do it here. For 5-6K, you can do it elsewhere in Asia including flights/hotels etc. You will find much better dive conditions elsewhere in Asia. Do some googling, and you will find endless places to do it around Asia. Good luck.

There are several reputable operaters in HK. Go and speak with them and ask questions. The size of the class is very important, the smaller the better. Do not get pressed to sign up. Take your time and be firm. It is your money.
Moalboal is good for OW as most of the dives are easy and the dive sites are more less stone throw away. It is also dead easy to get to. Both CebuPacific and PALExpress have cheap flight to Cebu.
A much better option than the murky water locally.

I would recommend contacting Graham Blackmore. He may not teach OW, but I am quite sure he knows which Hong Kong shops have good quality classes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom