PADI manuals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmay once bubbled...

As I wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes. "Free" and "PADI" should not be used in the same breath.

Once again I will jump to roturners defence and say:- PADI EUROPE (not PADI US) give a FREE IM to DMs.

Diver0001 sais he got one after completing him DM course, I got one FREE from PADI after I transfered from PADI international to PADI Europe.

PADI and FREE can exist in the same sentence.

the instructor manual doesnt have the divemaster exams in it, atleast not my copy, it has the answers, but there pretty useless without the questions, they usualy come in a seperate booklet

my LDS said they were supposed to take out the Divemaster chapter from the manual until after you passed if they sold it to you, i didnt get mine from them

no you dont need it
yes it is useful
no its not cheap :)

turnerjd once bubbled...

Once again I will jump to roturners defence and say:- PADI EUROPE (not PADI US) give a FREE IM to DMs.

Diver0001 sais he got one after completing him DM course, I got one FREE from PADI after I transfered from PADI international to PADI Europe.
I didn't pay for it

Why did they send you one, it seems most unlike the PADI that I know and love, the only free thing I have ever recieved from PADI International is.... er.....

You can be sure the invoice is in the post.

hmm i wouldnt mind a free manual :)
i think the UK is served by PADI International though
bummer

I would caution anyone before purchasing a "used" instructor manual from anywhere that they purchase the most up to date version possible and try to insure that all pages are there.

Training bulletins are available to download from the Padi website but you need to be a certified professional to download them.

My 1998 version with all the bulletins and updates is now so stuffed that I cant hardly fit another single page in it.

I personally found the instructor manual to be of great help in my recent divemaster upgrade course.

Kevin Parkhurst
IDEA Instructor 3402

Phoenix once bubbled...
hmm i wouldnt mind a free manual :)
i think the UK is served by PADI International though
bummer
Yaeh, you try phoning the sales department of PADI international, mention the word free and see how long it is before the phone goes dead.
We could however all move to the home of the semi-final losers, demand our free copies, and put PADI Europe out of business though.

Diver0001 -
I may yet become an instructor but I'm not in a hurry. It took me 15 years and almost 1000 dives to think that I had a broad and deep enough base of experience to become a DM. I'm not really a raving perfectionist but I don't believe in the blind leading the blind either. I believe that only a fully competent diver should become a DM and only a fully competent CA should become an instructor. So that's part of it. I'm not a good enough CA yet because I haven't seen enough yet. It's not about leading a group or whatever, but I don't see myself in that roll yet. I can't really explain it much better than that. It's like learning a martial art. You can get a black belt long before you start to really settle in to your own style.
:)

I just liked that part.

turnerjd once bubbled...

I have no recollection of doing this exam for my DM course.

I did an internship..... is this a difference between internship and the taught course? or has it been introduced since the end of '99 (or beginning of 2000) when I did my DM course?

Jon T

I am guessing it has changed. I just completed the DM course in October and one of the exams, I think it was the Divemaster Conducted Programs exam, dealt with questions such as instructor-to-student diver ratios, objectives of courses, minimum age requirements for certain courses, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom