PADI Card renewal ripoff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axeman:
I frequently did things like replace a lost card for someone who had spent a lot in my store for 15 bucks (NAUI) instead of charging what we usually did. It is called building relationships and is also part of business. :)

Agreed, building relationships is one thing...but people EXPECTING discounts all the time is another.

Nemrod:
I made my own card, I made my own VIP stickers, I never pay the piper, I don't do buisness with PadI Poodle Inc.

Nemrod...Come to NC and go through the PADI Poodle DM course my instructor put me through and see if you call it Poodle after that...

Christi:
Agreed, building relationships is one thing...but people EXPECTING discounts all the time is another.
Hey Christi, when I come dive with you, you gonna give me a discount because we PM each other?:rofl3: :rofl3:

fairybasslet:
Hey Christi, when I come dive with you, you gonna give me a discount because we PM each other?:rofl3: :rofl3:
For the quality, services, and all that Christi does for her customers - her prices are a discount to all. :eyebrow:

Ok, so what about lawyers and doctors been to a few of those where all I got was time and they billed me for it! But I guess according to some of you time isn't worth anything. Damn all those people who bill for time.

And now that you can do it on the internet it must be free it's all automated. I guess they got the website that does this for free, they don't pay for webhosting, they don't pay veisign or some other company for a secure transaction, the bank who provides you with the card to go online and make the transaction or for the database required for the site, oh and the website miracuously gets the card into an envelope and mails it to you all on its on.

sorry I can't help myself any longer.

And yes the shops do get the cards slightly cheaper than the recomended retail which padi or any other agency would need to sell them at. Just like buying a Dell Laptop online direct from Dell may cost more than from another online store or shop in your neighbourhood. How many people do you think would sell Dell laptops if Dell undercut all their suppliers?

fairybasslet:
Didn't wear your retainer, huh? I'm going to have to tell my son that. He got his braces off about 6 months ago, went for recheck a couple of weeks ago, and the orthodonist said his bottom teeth are shifting already. I am not paying for braces again, that's for sure.

I did for 25 years...then I lost it...didn't think I needed anymore...sure enough, several months after not wearing it anymore, the front tooth was pulling it's old rabbit tricks again! But nowadays, they have all kinds of fancy braces (instead of those nasty silver bands that went all the way around the teeth), even here in Coz! I have the clear braces, but get to pick the band color each month ...guess what color bands I have...anyone that knows me can figure this out immediately, but I have PINK!

Sorry for the small hijack!

Christi:
I did for 25 years...then I lost it...didn't think I needed anymore...sure enough, several months after not wearing it anymore, the front tooth was pulling it's old rabbit tricks again! But nowadays, they have all kinds of fancy braces (instead of those nasty silver bands that went all the way around the teeth), even here in Coz! I have the clear braces, but get to pick the band color each month ...guess what color bands I have...anyone that knows me can figure this out immediately, but I have PINK!

Sorry for the small hijack!
I am definitely telling my son your story. Cool about the pink bands. You can get orange ones for Thansgiving, green and red ones for Christmas. yada yada yada.Besides, hijacking is fun.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom