Packing, Travel and Diving Tips for the SB SURGE 2024 to the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a couple items I'd like to discuss since we have some veteran Philippines divers here.

First, are there any medications or vaccinations we should get to be prepared for out trip there?

Is it easy to get a good exchange rate from an ATM there like it is in Mexico?

How much in Philippine pesos should we bring with us until we can get to a reliable ATM?

I've got a couple items I'd like to discuss since we have some veteran Philippines divers here.

First, are there any medications or vaccinations we should get to be prepared for out trip there?

Is it easy to get a good exchange rate from an ATM there like it is in Mexico?
I wrote on both of these questions in the 1st post.
How much in Philippine pesos should we bring with us until we can get to a reliable ATM?
You can bring around $50 US in pesos, but most places will takes US $.

The banks at T3(ground floor) give good exchange rate and is slightly better than Sabang(P56.65 vs P56.2 in early Nov). T3 is merely 5 min walk from Belmont.
There are ATM in Sabang.

TIPS are Cash only, Atlantis cannot process tips/gratuities by credit card. USD or PHP is fine.
Note: they want NEW currency...not worn, torn, or rumpled. Best to go to a US bank before you leave home and get new bills for you tips.

My question- The local airline allows up to 66 pounds per checked bag and 15 pounds for the carry-on bag. Are we allowed a personal (large purse), too?
Yes, just try not to overpack it. Again, having the option of pockets, then once on board, items can be moved to your purse.

Surge 2024 is not to far away. Sure would like to hear about what everyone’s flight plans and arrangements are for the trip.

How can we get there affordably? We are planning a liveaboard dive trip in March. We will be diving Tubbataha. We need to fly into PPS. We are in Arizona so we can leave from any west coast city. LAX is the most logical but we can be flexible. We would like to fly business class but it's a minimum of 10K round trip. Premium economy is 5K-6K but that's if you can find it. Anyone have any suggestions? We want to dive the Philippines but can't imagine that flight in economy.

How can we get there affordably? We are planning a liveaboard dive trip in March. We will be diving Tubbataha. We need to fly into PPS. We are in Arizona so we can leave from any west coast city. LAX is the most logical but we can be flexible. We would like to fly business class but it's a minimum of 10K round trip. Premium economy is 5K-6K but that's if you can find it. Anyone have any suggestions? We want to dive the Philippines but can't imagine that flight in economy.
You'll find better answers in this forum. Copy and post your question there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom