Packing for Live Aboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bring a rope/line to hang your equipment from on the last day so you can let it dry properly after rinsing it, before stuffing it back into your suitcase.
Also bring something like a colorful hair clip or elastic to mark your towel as yours, if the company provides them.
Those tiny travel bottles are nice for shampoo and leave in conditioner, keep near where you set your gear up to defog a mask and prep your hair
A fanny pack is nice if you wear a bikini or shorts without pockets throughout the day.

Some of your concerns about what to bring/pack may be addressed in this thread if you have not looked at it yet.
Liveaboard Packing List

Our other thing that is seldom specifically mentioned but I have found to be essential is don't forget to bring your sense of humour. Space can sometimes be at a premium and it is not unheard of to have someone "rub you the wrong way". Take it with a grain of salt and be willing and able to laugh at just about anything.

Cheap over the door rack frees space in the tighter cabins by allow both people to store camera gear, sandals, shower products etc and takes up almost no packing room.

2 pair of sandals so you always have a dry pair.

I started using a over-the-door shoe cubby that is soft, folds up small in my luggage. A lot of the liveboards we're on don't have much space in the cabin, and it really helps to keep everything organized and not all over the place.

I started using a over-the-door shoe cubby that is soft, folds up small in my luggage. A lot of the liveboards we're on don't have much space in the cabin, and it really helps to keep everything organized and not all over the place.

Yes. Blackbeards didn't have "cabins" or doors, so I didn't bring one, but they had pegs that we hung bags on with "stuff". If the soft shoe rack has string/rope at the top, you could hang it on a peg.

I took a light, foldable, fabric-like shoe rack on Aggressor, and hung it on a door. It was great for shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen, camera silica packs, chargers when not in use, etc.

It was very useful! :)

Yes. Blackbeards didn't have "cabins" or doors, so I didn't bring one, but they had pegs that we hung bags on with "stuff". If the soft shoe rack has string/rope at the top, you could hang it on a peg.

I took a light, foldable, fabric-like shoe rack on Aggressor, and hung it on a door. It was great for shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen, camera silica packs, chargers when not in use, etc.

It was very useful! :)

Yes! I've gotten the smaller/shorter shoe cubbies b/c we don't need a ton of "cubbies" for storage. But it's really nice on a liveaboard - or cruise - so you can keep everything organized. I've also brought magnetic hooks on a cruise b/c the walls are metal, so you just pop them up on the walls, and hang hat, different things. I am on vacation and I hate routing around trying to find something!

Do you have a photo example please?

Do you have a photo example please?
Hi, sorry I don't look at Scubaboard every day, just saw your post. I'll look and see if I can get a pic to share. I gave away my last shoe cubby to a friend I met on our last liveaboard, and need to buy another one for our next trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom