Pacific Dive Shop-Info/thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sober

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone have any experience with pacific Dive Shop in Lahina? They seemed pretty cool over the phone but any thoughts are appreciated.
I am a new diver and jus looking for a few mellow beach dives during my upcoming trip.
Thanks
Steve Ob

I have dove with Pacific Dive and had a great time. Artie & Piper (owners) are cool people. My recommendation (as to any dive shop) is to ask the questions regarding what you expect from a dive shop, such as transportation, food, condition of rental gear, marine life education, group sizes etc. As a new diver, you may not yet know what aspects of a dive service you like or dislike, but as you gain more experience you will find what aspects are important to you.
I have had divers prefer to be pampered both on the surface and underwater and others that want more to be left alone within reason and care more about how the DM/instr conducts the dive tour.
My personal preference is that the staff be safe, professional, courteous, and that I get out of the water with more knowledge than I entered with. I could care less about whether food is provided. Pacific Dive is a good shop in my book.

Pacific Dive is a good shop for gear, and shore-based dives. They don't have their own boat, so they'll just be booking you with another provider if you do boat dives. Usually this means you can get better prices booking directly (i.e. the boat doesn't have to pay a commission to the booking agent).

Thanks Gents, I appreciate the info. Sounds like a good group to dive with.
Steve Ob

Last year we checked them out and had a great experience with them. My girlfriend and I were wanting to do some shore dives so the guy there ( i forget his name but had a strong New York accent ) was extremely helpful on providing the skinny on the local shore dives. We rented tanks from them for the next 3 days and had a great experience. Very helpful, considerate, and good customer service.

This year however, was the complete opposite ! Extremely rude, poor customer service and I will never give them my business again........All we wanted to do was fill 2 tanks for an afternoon dive , and not only would they not do it ( we could leave them overnight and pick them up the next day ) but they had a horrible attitude about it and were extremely rude to my girlfriend we asked about a shore dive....Not sure what happened over there but they pissed me off enough to never go there again.

Plenty of other places to go on Maui, we've gone with extended horizons and ed robinsons and had great times with both. Just my experience.

Aloha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom