P-Valve Install

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitroxnut01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone installed the Sitech p-valve on a whites suit ? I have a Catalyst Classic Suit, I cut the whole and glued the valve port disc onto the suit leg using a silicone cement. Waited overnight then went to test it the next day. The whole port came off. Is there some other glue I should use to glue the valve port on with ?

I installed a Dive Rite valve in my Catalyst with similar results. The inner rubber grommet came right off after the glue (Aqua Seal) cured over night. I installed the valve anyway, without the inner grommet. So far, no leaks.

Max
DSAT 191816

With the silicon glue, did you scuff the rubber gasket that the Sitech comes with??

Aquaseal and a cotol 420 50/50 mix works good and cures quick. If you already have the silicon glue attached to the suit, just screw the valve into that. That dry glue will act as a gasket and you won't even need the big one the sitech comes with (depending on what silicon glue you used).

Used Loctite clear silicon on it. Used it on another couple parts that were leaking. Didn't scuff the valve port, didn't think about that. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom