P-Valve Catheters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Medical, incapacitated, or older type folk, shop.

Get some samples and perhaps a rubber band.

Where do you buy them?

Medical supply store.

PS - be sure to buy at least one of the giant 46mm catheters for your save-a-dive kit. That way when someone on the boat says "Damn, I forgot a condom cath!" you can say "Here ya go dude, I've got an extra."

The look on their face when they come out of the head is priceless. And they never look at you the same way again!

:coffee:

Last edited:
This is interesting. As a former medical professional I have catheterized many patients both male and female but never used a "texas catheter" which is apparently what I will be using for myself for the P-Valve.

Now for the most interesting part.........What size. LOL I will go to the local medical supply house and ask them if I can try them on. I suppose I now have a reason to measure my member. LOL this is funny. Do they make XXXsm? :wink:

This is interesting. As a former medical professional I have catheterized many patients both male and female but never used a "texas catheter" which is apparently what I will be using for myself for the P-Valve.

Now for the most interesting part.........What size. LOL I will go to the local medical supply house and ask them if I can try them on. I suppose I now have a reason to measure my member. LOL this is funny. Do they make XXXsm? :wink:

If you contact Rochester Medical or other manufacturers, they will send you out a free sample kit which will contain a couple samples of different sizes, a sizing tool, instructions for use and a list of places to buy them.

Now for the most interesting part.........What size.

Funny, when I had my P-Valve installed I was picking my suit up and had to buy a supply of caths. As luck would have it there were several women customers and instructors hanging out. So the dive shop owner asks - very loudly - what size I needed.

:shocked2:

He was kind enough, however, to then point to the different sizes and as he pointed to small say "Medium", point to medium and say "Large" etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom