P-valv..e

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndyScott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anybody reconmend info on P-valves....on a oneil dry suit??:(

I have one of the simple hollow bolt types on my O'Neill that works just fine.
Rick

i have an EE Balanced valve on my DUI.

Eric

There was some great DIY pee valve info on the net a while back on some of the DIR/cave sites. They are really easy to make. Unfortunately, last time I looked I couldn't find it - I can't help but suspect that once Halcyon started selling them it became un-DIR to tell people how to make their own.

Originally posted by DNAXdiver
I can't help but suspect that once Halcyon started selling them it became un-DIR to tell people how to make their own.
I'll tell ya how to make one...
First get a rod of delrin (or SS if you prefer) and turn a fitting for the suit with threads that you can tighten a nut and washer down on from the outside of the suit to seal things up. The part that exits the suit should also have some internal threads so that you can screw a plug into it should your inside plumbing come undone. The interior part of the fitting should have a threaded port for a balance check valve as well as a port to thread in a hose barb. Buy a good grade of rubber tubing and put a double barb in the end... buy some condom caths and connect one to the barb on the end of the hose.

Piece of cake... unless you are planning to whittle it out with a pocket knife... if you lack the tools and experience to DIY then it might be best to just spend a $100 and get a ready made one. I could easily make them but I opted to buy serveral instead.

Thanks for the info... Scott

:tribute:

Its a one way valve that lets the pee out and keeps the water from coming in.

The Halcyon blanaced valve has 2 check valves inside. One prevents water from entering the tube, and another which alows suit air to equalize the tube, which eliminates resistance.

A good description can be found at

http://www.extreme-exposure.com/pvalve/pvalve-specs.shtml

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom