P&S Camera recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While it is great to have a camera that can focus up close, at 1cm you are going to have a heck of a time getting any light (flash) onto your subject, even with an external strobe.

Actually, that is what I was starting to think after doing some research last night. I suspect 5cm would be pretty good for me.

Saspotato, you can get the DX-1G in the US for around the amount you want to pay (check on ebay). I have the DX-1G and am very happy with it. You can check my photos link to see the type of pics that can be taken. It is a point and shoot camera with full manual capability as well. It is expandable to include a wide angle lens, close-up lens, and strobes. The lenses can be attached or taken off underwater. It has a macro setting that lets you focus up to 1cm from the subject. The camera is very compact, for UW camera housings, and has a short lag time. However, it doesn't take HD video.

Regards,

Bill

I'll check that out cheers. :) Though I do not care about swapping lenses and adding a strobe as per previous posts. Just want something simple.

I have the Sea & Sea DX1G for only $649 - cheaper than most any place around. 10mp, shoots RAW, fiber optic connections, rugged Sea & Sea quality housing good to 180'. Very good camera, with lots of features and lenses and lighting packages available.

Jack

Again, cheers, I'll look into that camera! I have not heard much about Sea & Sea so will do some research on the ones suggested :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom