Oxycheq soft STA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bryanmc57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
All the pictures of this I have seen make it just look likie a flat piece of webbing. Is there more to it? Also, it says to zip tie it to the wing, is there any reason you can't bolt it and the wing to the plate together?

No opinions?

Hi,

Sorry about that, I don't check the site everyday.

The STA, part# ROWB-06-01, is bolted to the wing/plate and keeps the single cylinder in place. It is not just a piece of webbing however, it has raised shoulders that cradle the cylinder. This keeps it from rolling excessively. Please note that a singles wing is preferable over a doubles wing for this application. A doubles wing will increase drag, and will not be as efficient when used on a single cylinder. You will also need a pair of "sex-bolts" to hold everything together.

Call me at 863-471-DIVE(3483) if you have any concerns/questions.

Safe Diving

Thanks Mike...
I have an 18lb singles wing that I plan to use on my bp in Coz this year. It's one of the older ones without the "roll control" device. To be honest I'm not sure it really needs an STA since the tank seems to strap down pretty well as is (I do have it bolted to the plate with sex bolts). I was curious though since the Oxycheq website says to zip tie it (the soft sta) to the wing and then run the cam straps through the plate and wing. Seems like this would let the wing "slide" up and down quite a bit given the length of the slots in the wing. Are there any better pics of the soft sta available?

Thanks

I just found this item, and am now looking at it as an option instead of my current stainless STA. I'm planning on buying the Oxycheq ultra-light wing, and this looks like it would fit well. I have the older 30# Mach V without roll control or cam slots... but I guess I could cut slots with a hot knife?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom