OxyCheq little Johnson Back Up lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pcowboy6196

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have 2 of these back up lights that were flooded. one of them blew the head off it and was lost as well as the copper spring and plate that runs up the sides of the batteries. Where can i find parts for these lights? I need those 2 parts plus 2 new bulb assemblies. I have googled and came up with nothing. The Delrin bodies are in excellent shape, i presume I had O-ring failures at 100fsw.
These things were just too expensive to replace.

I can post pics if it would help, but i think they are Halcyon Scout clones before the Scout went through the body design change.

Thanks all,

Wes

Why repairing backuplamps which no-go ?! for another flood? - negative

Bulb - history , now rules LED - negative

service parts , another - negative

yes that's why quality costs ; buying twice ....

if you not familiar with twisting head in right direction , then go on lamps with magnetic ring

when you noticed Halcyon Scout ... clones of this backup they called SOLARIS

Last edited:
I have 2 of these back up lights that were flooded. one of them blew the head off it and was lost as well as the copper spring and plate that runs up the sides of the batteries. Where can i find parts for these lights? I need those 2 parts plus 2 new bulb assemblies. I have googled and came up with nothing. The Delrin bodies are in excellent shape, i presume I had O-ring failures at 100fsw.

I can post pics if it would help, but i think they are Halcyon Scout clones before the Scout went through the body design change.

Thanks all,

Wes

You're not likely to get parts. As far as a spring and copper strips those are items you could make or pull off some other light. I'm not sure what the bulb assemblies look like or what they entail. Is it just a blown bulb or do you need more than that due to corrosion?

In general I'd agree with lucca brassi. If it failed once it can fail again unless you know exactly what the problem was and if it's something that can be corrected. O-rings don't generally "blow" in that application. They can leak if the design is improper in the first place and that's probably hard to fix.

Extreme Exposure sells the spring/wire-up-the-side assemblies. The light module you can make from LED drop-ins from Deal Extreme. There's a thread in either DIY or light forum.

Henrik

Is it just a blown bulb or do you need more than that due to corrosion?

on the one that wasn't lost, water got behind the cone and delaminated the reflector material from the body of the assembly

In general I'd agree with lucca brassi. If it failed once it can fail again unless you know exactly what the problem was and if it's something that can be corrected. O-rings don't generally "blow" in that application. They can leak if the design is improper in the first place and that's probably hard to fix.

I bought them used and seemed to work perfectly for a few shallow dives... After the flood is when i looked into to why it happened. What i found is that both bodies were missing an oring, and the one that was present appeared to be too small of cross section or that is was not a dynamic o'ring and maybe worn causing the leaks?

Extreme Exposure sells the spring/wire-up-the-side assemblies. The light module you can make from LED drop-ins from Deal Extreme. There's a thread in either DIY or light forum.

Henrik

Thanks I'll give them a call

part:
DD:Scout Battery Tray

tray.png

EE: Scout Battery Tray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom