Oxycheq light sock.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have all three Oxycheq light socks. Seems like the universal will work best with a wide light. A narrow light sits between the two plastic rectangular loops and it's a little awkward that way.

Yes the cord loop must be for anchoring the light so it does not fall out, but I don't use a bolt snap in the light sock because the stainless steel throws the compass off, and my compass sits right next to it. I use a homemade lanyard made of a length of nylon cord and a small cord lock.

I have tried to rig my backup UK SL3 to the Oxy Universal Light Sock and this light is too narrow for the Sock. The SL3 is about 1 3/8" is diameter. The Sock cannot lock it down securely.

I have used the Raider III/IV light sock for a Halcyon Scout.
It fits quite snug in there & it's not moving around but you can't turn the light on/off. When twisting the head the light turns in the sock.
It's not a problem for me as i use rechargeables. I just turn on the light at the start of the dive and switch it off either at the surface at the end of the dive or when i take the glove off to attach it to my chest d-ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom