OxyCheq Expedition O2 Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWSojourner

Contributor
Reaction score
What flow restrictor should you get with the Expedition O2 analyzer?

It has a cap thing with a hole in it so small you can barely see it. You just hold it up to your valve (seats nicely on DIN) and crack the valve. It works very well.

WW

WreckWriter:
It has a cap thing with a hole in it so small you can barely see it. You just hold it up to your valve (seats nicely on DIN) and crack the valve. It works very well.

WW

Thanks. I had used that method but was lead to believe (actually from my Nitrox instructor) that it wasn't as reliable as getting a flow restrictor. Untrue?

UWSojourner:
Thanks. I had used that method but was lead to believe (actually from my Nitrox instructor) that it wasn't as reliable as getting a flow restrictor. Untrue?

The screw on cap is a flow restrictor. If you want, you can buy a fitting for a SP hose, some tubing, and attach them to the cap.

Either way is close enough.

I use the LP inflator flow restrictor. My understanding is that the sensors are most accurate at a flow rate of 2 litres/min which is the rate these BCD flow restrictors deliver.

http://www.oxycheq.com/accessories.html

Capt Jim Wyatt:
I use the LP inflator flow restrictor. My understanding is that the sensors are most accurate at a flow rate of 2 litres/min which is the rate these BCD flow restrictors deliver.

http://www.oxycheq.com/accessories.html

Thanks, that'll work.

Back
Top Bottom