oxycheq el cheapo help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I built one last night let the o2 sensor set out like it said for 12 hrs and when you turn it on it reads 0.02 it will not adjust. If you un plug the sensor in a few seconds it will rise to 2.4 and hold any ideas

I have one of these and it works fine.

As background the unit is a 'simple' millivolt meter, and the sensor provides a variable voltage based on the O2 level. The resistor/pot that are added are to allow the voltage calibration making the output voltage in air show a reading of 20.9

Have you checked all your wiring? Is the pot wired correctly?

The panel metre needs the decimal place setting, is this correct? (have to bridge contacts or cut bridges, think P1 bridged P2 and P3 open)

When you say 'if you unplug the sensor' do you mean there is no sensor connected? This should give an open circuit I think mine shows 0.

The sensor does not need to be out for 12 hours to work, but it may fluctuate with change in temperature, some keep them in the freezer in a hope of extending life.

As the sensor provides voltage, you can test it with a multi meter, it has a range of 7 to 11 mv.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom