owning multiple computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By bend I mean they managed to get leonardo to show 1 minute NDL when a300cs was showing 103 minutes. At 30' on dive 4 of the day. I.e. low SAC and twin 120s is not the only way to send one of your computers into deco. A gas-limited beginner diver can do it by picking the right dive profiles for the right pair of computers.

OK I took bend to mean it will have gone into deco and you did not clear it.

OK I took bend to mean it will have gone into deco and you did not clear it.

Yes.

You might if you dive your two computers together. If you dive the aqualung as primary and follow it's NDL recommendations while stowing the zoop, on dive 2+ of the day, your backup zoop will likely go into deco and if stowed it may bend when you surface, all without your realizing it.

Assuming you have a good SAC rate and decent sized tanks. Most beginning divers I have seen are more often air limited than NDL limited.

ScubaLab "studies" show very clearly that you can come up with profiles that will bend one computer but not the other in only 3 dives. IIRC their dives were 40-50 minutes which is not that hard with a single Al80.

I.e. you can do it without good SAC rate nor decent sized tanks, just by picking the "right" profiles for the right pair computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom