ow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beauman

New
Reaction score
I just got back from my first OW calls and i got everything down. the only thing i had trouble with was equalizing, it seemed after i attempted to equalize it took like 30-40 seconds for it to actully work

ya we only had time for like 3 minutes in the deep end and i only got to try it twice

Equalize ON the surface just before you start the dive. If you wait for the pressure to start, you have waited WAY too long. :D

Also, a good nose blowing before diving helps me out.

Have you had trouble in airplanes, or driving in the mountains in the past? I could just be technique, or possibly a physical problem.

If your instructor's advice doesn't help, you should see your doctor. A minor infection, or conjestion can cause a lot pain.

Good luck, and have fun. I'm just getting back into diving, and am having a blast. I could kick myself for laying out for 3 years.

Once in a while I have problems with middle ear fluid. I take Benadryl to clear it up, but never too close to a dive. (I wouldn't dive the day after taking it...)

i found using a salene nose spray about an hour before dive helps clear the sinus and conjestion this inturn helps equalization. since its just salt water there is no problem with using it while diving but do follow the man. recommendations on frequency too often is a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom