OW with SSI, AOW with another agency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kpleynes

Registered
Reaction score
This board has really been helpful. I am learning a lot and am able to ask questions and get unbiased answers.

I am currently taking my OW certification with a dive shop that's affiliated with SSI. I'm relocating to PA next month and when I checked the SSI website, I did not see any SSI affiliated shop near us. I am planning to eventually get my AOW certification since I would like to be able to do wreck and night dives. Can I take my AOW certiifcation with dive shops that are affiliated with other agencies?

You should be able to. I did my ow with NAUI and my AOW with PADI. Shouldn't be a problem.

Any agency will do, but I would like to make the comment that wreck and night and a lot of the other types of dives for which diver get certification or specialty cards are more a matter of training and experience than the card.

kpleynes,

Should be no problem at all. Just make sure you have your card. The same suggestion as always holds true, its the instructor that makes all the difference.
Enjoy your move and safe diving,
Larry

My ow is SSI and aow with PADI. I did it that way on purpose. Now I won't have trouble getting in anywhere.

I have 4 different agency tickets. As long as they are internationally accredited then it will be fine. It's good to get info from other agencies as they all have their strengths and weaknesses and you can get different slants on the same skill.
Go for it.

Cheers Big Ears
The Thunder From Down Under,
The Gasman

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

There is no problem with shifting agencies for your advanced course.

Just make sure you get a good instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom