OW Instructor in NorCal who teaches neutral buoyancy / skills while horizontal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lessthanjoey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for an OW instructor in Monterey or the Bay Area who, in addition to generally being a "good instructor" teaches skills in horizontal trim with neutral buoyancy vs kneeling on the bottom. I've moved to San Diego, but have some Bay Area friends looking to get certified and I'd like to point them in this type of direction.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Joe

How about GUE/UTD Rec1? We have Rob, Susan, Beto from GUE and Don, Elliot from UTD. I have met and dived with all except Elliot. All are extremely skilled divers and knowledge instructors. If you are ready to take some challege, spend some money (which will be well worth it), you can't go wrong with thess courses and instructors.

How about GUE/UTD Rec1? We have Rob, Susan, Beto from GUE and Don, Elliot from UTD. I have met and dived with all except Elliot. All are extremely skilled divers and knowledge instructors. If you are ready to take some challege, spend some money (which will be well worth it), you can't go wrong with thess courses and instructors.

I agree. I've actually already suggested GUE Rec1 to them and they're considering that (I'd insist on it if I was getting a significant other certified). In parallel I'm trying to find a more traditional course that does at least some things right since I'm sure they exist.

EDIT: I didn't realize that the UTD OW class looks more like a high-quality regular OW class than GUE Rec1 (which goes quite a bit beyond that). I'll definitely take a look at that path. Thanks!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom