OW Class Is Done!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrottheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Bring on the DIVES!
Finished our last confined water dive and final today and aced them both.
So stoked to have that small accomplishment behind me...
Hopefully the family and wifey have been keeping notes on what reg I want for christmas, soooooo, after the first of the year i'll get a little pool time to play with my new toy then off to someplace in Florida to do the check out dives, then "the turn to the dark side will be complete.
Damn...this much fun can't possibly be legal...

Hey, congratulations. I am sure santa will think you have behaved if you are wanting dive gear!!! LOL If you aced the pool sessions, you are going to overawed at the open water. You will greatly enjoy it and then you can join the Wreck Valley forum and dive locally with your "new toy"!! Safe and happy diving.

Are you planning on diving up there at all? It might be wise to get experience up there through your check out dives, then take a trip down to FL to enjoy diving than spend a couple of days down here being instructed - at least more enjoyable, if not also possibly more beneficial to your diving - just a thought. Well done thus far, the pool is a great place to learn a little more and continue practicing.

simbrooks:
Are you planning on diving up there at all? It might be wise to get experience up there through your check out dives, then take a trip down to FL to enjoy diving than spend a couple of days down here being instructed - at least more enjoyable, if not also possibly more beneficial to your diving - just a thought. Well done thus far, the pool is a great place to learn a little more and continue practicing.
It's rare, but I'll disagree with Simon this time. If I had a choice of check out dives in NJ during the winter or Florida, I'd go for the latter! :palmtree:

DandyDon:
It's rare, but I'll disagree with Simon this time. If I had a choice of check out dives in NJ during the winter or Florida, I'd go for the latter! :palmtree:
Uh oh, i see a timeout coming Don :wink:

Its your option, either get training in the conditions you might want to dive and save your vacation diving time to just have fun or dive down here and possibly find you local dive sites a handful (the general phrase about any cert is that you are advised to "dive in similar conditions to those you trained in"), but of course there is always AOW locally some time in the future??? Just trying to look out for what might be your best interests.

simbrooks:
Uh oh, i see a timeout coming Don :wink:
I probably need the rest. :slick:

Its your option, either get training in the conditions you might want to dive and save your vacation diving time to just have fun or dive down here and possibly find you local dive sites a handful (the general phrase about any cert is that you are advised to "dive in similar conditions to those you trained in"), but of course there is always AOW locally some time in the future??? Just trying to look out for what might be your best interests.
Yes, that is a very good approach, but I favor the latter. Keep the check outs fun in Florida, then do the AOW back home in NJ.

WooooHoooooo!!!!!! :cheering: Awesome job!!! Congrats, this is no small accomplishment , I think it's huge! Make sure to let us know where and when in Florida your planning to hang out... There's a pretty good chance you might even have a few Conch divers there to cheer you on. (just make a new thread here to let us know the details)

Congrats again!!!!
Vickie

I think you have made a wise decision. Doing your checkout dive in Florida, you will be able to see your instructor. Jersey waters have not cleared up that much.

Congratulations on on the first part. Good luck on the second half.

Dive Safely
Joe

we're planning on doing our fair share of diving up here...there are some really nice wrecks locally as well as some artificial reefs built courtesy of the NY Transit System, but we're always travelling to Fl area a couple times out of the year. (We're Disney Nutz) At the rate we're going...Fl is going to be our local area someday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom