OW certification in NJ - recommendations & prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
All,

I am helping a friend to get certified in NJ. She lives in the Princeton area and would like somewhere competent and convenient to take the OW course. Can anybody name some outfits in this area that they'd recommend for certification?

I originally checked out the information about the OW certification offered by Rutgers University, where they list the charge as $300, including all equipment rental, with the two day passes to Dutch Springs and associated air fills extra. Is this about the expected price for certification in this area? I've just moved here from Houston, where I would say the average OW certification price is more like $150-200, although I confess I don't remember if that includes equipment rental etc.

Thanks for any input you guys can provide!

Dave

about 20-30 min drive north on rt 206 is the scuba connection, which is one of the best dive shops in nj. www.tscscuba.com give them a call for pricing. sounds like you had it good in tx, welcome to the tri-state area... everything is more expensive.

XJae:
about 20-30 min drive north on rt 206 is the scuba connection, which is one of the best dive shops in nj. www.tscscuba.com

I'll echo Carl's recommendation for TSC - short ride from Princeton, indoor pool, great instructors. What more could you ask for?

Ray

Thanks for your input guys, looks like TSC is the way to go!

Dave

Pay a visit to DiversTwo in Avon by the Sea, on the Shark River. They do OW at local pools and Dutch. I don't know their OW prices, but I've come to like them a lot. I'm a happy customer--I've taken Rescue there, purchased a lot of gear there, and have made several friends there. They're connected into (and sponsor) plentiful shore diving and wreck diving. The dive shop is good--all about diving. The people are nice, their integrity is tops, and--very important for your friend--the instructors are good.

http://www.diverstwo.com/

RJP3:
I'll echo Carl's recommendation for TSC - short ride from Princeton, indoor pool, great instructors. What more could you ask for?

Ray

I agree, great shop with excellent instruction

Back
Top Bottom