OW Cert next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fort Lauderdale is full of wrecks, shallow and deep, people penetrate them without any additional certs. There is no silt to kill visibility fully (just sand), and big parts are cut out to provide easy access and light, in case you are lost. Thus, when you dive, everyone goes into the wrecks. There is no wreck police or rules against penetration on pre-dive announcements.

Well, three of the 4 of us got our OW cert knocked out! Ended up going out with Southpoint Divers in KW. My wife, father and I all completed everything no problem. I did find that where I used to sink like a lead brick in salt water in a bathing suit, I apparently have no problem floating, even with my bdc, AL80, and 14 lbs!!! We upped it to 18lbs and I was able to drop no problem. Crazy to me that 4 lbs would make that much difference, but I guess it is what it is. We had decent visibility, a friendly and encouraging staff, and got to see some pretty cool stuff from a whole new perspective! I look forward to some freshwater dives closer to home, as well as working on increasing my cert level and skills this summer!!

I'd highly recommend Southpoint Divers to anyone going down to the lower keys!

Way to go! I see Bon Temps (Cajun for "good times"!) ahead for you :p

I thought the instructor was nuts when I did my certification with 18 lbs. and he told me I would drop lots of it before long. It will happen :yeahbaby:

Congrats on getting it done. I agree, you will drop lead, potentially significant amounts, as you get more experience. Have fun!

congratulations...now the real fun diving starts.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom