OW Cert in Boracay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_alvir

Registered
Reaction score
My friend and his GF will be vacationing in Boracay this month. They are asking were they can get OW certified.

Any recommendations on resorts/shops/dive instructors?

TIA

My friend and his GF will be vacationing in Boracay this month. They are asking were they can get OW certified.

Any recommendations on resorts/shops/dive instructors?

TIA
Calypso comes to mind. Are they local? I'd suggest they get certified here in Manila/Anilao to cut on costs though.

Calypso comes to mind. Are they local? I'd suggest they get certified here in Manila/Anilao to cut on costs though.

I already told them to get certified in Manila/Anilao. But they said since they'll be spending a lot of time in Boracay they might as well get certified there. And they don't have to worry about scheduling classroom/pool sessions then check-out dive at Anilao before they leave for Boracay.

The Boracay Scuba people are pretty nice. The shop is beside Jonah's if I recall correctly.

Is this the one in front of Beachcombers? If it is, then I concur. Did one dive with them and they were a friendly bunch.

I did a couple dives with Blue Mango - located by Boat Station 3 - very impressed with the shop -definatly a clued up shop, a good professional outfit.

The Boracay Scuba people are pretty nice. The shop is beside Jonah's if I recall correctly.
and jonah's shakes are to die for... perfect for during-lectures, post-pool session and post-checkout

then post OW class...

of course the celebratory earned-the-C-card drink...

and everything else in between...

mmmmm... jonah's... banana peanut chocolate rhum shake here i come!

Jag

PS
sorry... what were we talking about again?

Guys,

Thanks for the info and recommendations (including the one from Jag). :D I'll forward the info to my friend. Does anyone know contact details or web site for Boracay Scuba?

Today, my friend and I will be going around Ortigas (DiveZone) and Wilson area (Diver's Point, Scuba World) for basic gear (mask, snorkel, booties, fins) to bring to Boracay. Can't go to Makati (Mares, PhilTech, Scuba Stop, Dive Buddies) today since my car and his are coding. I told my friend to bring plenty of cash and 2 credit cards since he will be paying for two (stuff for him and his GF) and lunch for me. :D

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom