Overstock Wetsuit Sale! WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys:
This may be true... and I've not heard any complaints about them - seem to be a credit to the industry... but actually in this case... yes, they are violating the Bare Map agreement... and according to Bare, it's the same for Canada and the US. As they pointed out in their post - no problem on the one suit, but the Velocity 5/4 is a bit low at that price... and saying that they are show models.... but you have 100's...

But really, it doesn't work out to much different than where we sell them at anyway... if you look at the Map and take off the SB discount, you're within a few bucks of their price anyway..., then the shipping US vs. Canada makes it probably a wash - I've had several SB Members call and ask for a price match... It's not much different, so I don't think anyone needs to scream for the MAP police.... but officially they are violating their policy.

But this should not have any ramifications for the consumer buying a suit from them.
Actually, it was your store that cured an issue for me because of your relationship with manufacturers. I purchased a product in Houston from a site that claimed they did not have to adhere to pricing policies of manufacturers because they were in fact a distributor. As it turns out, when an issue with the product occured and the item needed to be returned, I found out they were in fact cut-off from the manufacturer because of bad business practices and could not buy a replacement for my bad unit. You said you had a great relationship with the manufacturer and could handle the warranty immediately, and you did just what you said. That is why as a consumer, if they are not following pricing rules, I want nothing to do with them. Just my opinion as a previously burned consumer.

Back
Top Bottom